Residues to Revenues 2022 is a two day conference and exhibitions planned for NZ forest owners, sawmills and wood manufacturing operations who are looking at ways to better understanding the emerging bio-energy markets. It will enable the industry to better understand the real value of energy tied up in wood fibre – or residues – and the opportunities open to it in supplying this product to the market.
Regulatory, environmental and business drivers to increased biomass use will be detailed. Case studies will be given of regional supply innovations along with new and clever technologies being used for the collection, processing and marketing of wood residues. Options for aggregating or co-ordinating supplies to ensure volume and quality requirements are being met by wood waste suppliers on a regional basis will also be explored.
Residues to Revenues 2022 will cover:
- The big picture – key drivers ensuring biomass conversions and bio-fuel investment in New Zealand
- The Forestry and Wood Processing Industry Transformation Plan. Results and recommendations for investing in the biofuels and solid fuels sector
- Regions under pressure. How are the regions handling unprecedented demand for biomass?
- Biomass resources. Current and potential solid fuel demand. How much residue will be available: where, when and at what delivered cost
- Wood residues payment – by weight, by volume or by energy content (weight and moisture content)
- Models for coordinating regional supplies of wood residues. Collaboration to ensure scale, quantity and quality parameters being sought by heat users are being met and return to suppliers can be maximised.
- Aggregation of fuel supplies and suppliers to meet market demands
- Options for reducing MC in the forest – NZ and Australia case studies
- Heading the conversion charge from fossil fuels to biomass – drivers and requirements of larger-scale industrial heat users
- Residues recover. Infield vs skid or processing site vs centralised chipping options
- Changing the perception of biomass availability
Subscribe to receive updates when the programme and future details are released.